Getting Help

If you are thinking about reducing your alcohol use maybe you would like some information and support. Or if you are worried about somebody and how their alcohol use is affecting you and your family perhaps you would like some help.

Sometimes people don’t get help because they feel shame talking about how alcohol is affecting them and their families.

Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Workers and other health professionals are there to help you. They will not put you down. They will listen and help you work out what you want to do. They can show you ways to reduce harm, cut down or stop using. They can help you access medical support, rehabilitation services, counselling and support.

It may not be easy reducing your alcohol use but your friends, family, and other people in your community can support you to make changes.

Aboriginal Alcohol and Drug Service (AADS)

Sssm Counsel

AADS provides a range of culturally secure services, including treatment, education programs and yarning.

Phone: (08) 9221 1411
Address: 211 Royal St, East Perth

Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)

Sssm Phone

ADIS can provide information about culturally secure alcohol and drug services in your area. They can also provide other information, counselling and advice for people concerned about their own or another’s alcohol and drug use. This is a 24-hour, state wide, confidential telephone service.

ADIS: (08) 9442 5000
Country toll free: 1800 198 024

Parent Drug Information Service (PDIS)

Sssm Footy

PDIS provide confidential telephone support, counselling, information, and referral services for parents.

Telephone: (08) 9442 5050
Country toll free: 1800 653 203

The Aboriginal Inner Spirit Model (Ngarlu Assessment Model) was developed by Joesph 'Nipper' Roe, who belonged to the Karajarri and Yawuru people.
Artist Barry McGuire llustrations by Patrick Bayly, Workspace Design